Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hey, Hey Smyrna!

Our friends at Smyrna Elementary kicked off their efforts for Relay for Life this week. We are so grateful for all of the help that everyone is giving!

Grant's kindergarten class sang a very sweet song for the Smyrna Morning Show this week. I thought everyone would like to read the lyrics....

To the tune of Yankee Doodle!

The American Cancer Society needs help from you and me.
We can find a cancer cure by giving generously.
Give your pennies, nickels, and dimes.
Save your coins and money.
Put them in your collection jar and make many lives more sunny!

Tomorrow the kids will all wear their Super Grant T-shirts for the show. I'll be sure to take some pictures!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

What a great school! How wonderful for Grant to have that kind of support from his classmates and school.
I can't wait to see the pictures of all the kids wearing Super Grant t-shirts. I am sure my face will be raining!

stephanie howard said...

So sweet, I would have loved to see it!

Kristi McKinney said...

Love the song and loved see your guys at our Fun Day this past Saturday. Thank you for coming out - I'll have to send you some pictures.

Kristi