Thursday, May 3, 2007

They're heading home on FRIDAY!

I'll copy and paste what Emily just posted this afternoon on our myfamily.com site.

****************************************************************

We are coming home!

I don't have time to write much. This is the first chance we have had to get to a computer. Life has been unbelievably busy up here. However, Grant is doing great and just received his last chemo treatment for the week. We will be home sometime tomorrow and will come back on Monday for some more meds and another spinal and bone marrow test.

I can't express my great love and gratitude that Kevin and I feel. This week has been overwhelming to say the least. At night as I am trying to sleep I sing to myself the words of the primary song "I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me......." Indeed we feel His love and the love that so many family and friends have expressed to us this week.

The road will be long and hard. But like we always say.... we can do hard things! We are glad to be over this initial hurdle and are so happy to be coming home.

See you there!
~Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad Grant man can go home and sleep in his own bed. I bet Eden, Jake and all his cousins are glad too.
He really is a super kid:-)

Anonymous said...

To all of the Hancock and Nelson family,

I was hit hard today to hear about the news through Kelly G. I know that it has already been a long, hard, and trying road that all of you have endured thus far. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers for Grant's speedy recovery! Much love-Missy

Anonymous said...

Emily,

You amaze me. I was so very glad to read your post. You sound so positive, and I know that is what Grant and Kevin both need. I am proud of you. Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

We love ya,
Jimmy & Michelle