Monday, May 21, 2007

Many, many thanks!

Relay was wonderful! Thanks to everyone who came out to support us and to Smyrna for your awesome effort over the past couple of weeks. The whole staff and student body has been so giving of their time and their money! I would be remiss if I didn't personally thank Vicky Caulder, Lisa Pittman and Laura Damren for all of their hard work and Lillie Miller for supporting all of their ideas and for being willing to get "mommicked". One of the fundraisers this week was to get to "Mommick Ms. Miller"! From my high school geometry teacher, to my boss at Croatan, to my children's principal, Ms. Miller has always been my friend! I love you, Lillie!

So - tomorrow we head back to Chapel Hill. We are very relieved that this is Grant's last week on Prednisone! Honestly, I am tired of feeding this animal! We have a short day planned for tomorrow - just two chemo meds and then back home.

This week will be the week of the hair! We approach each morning bath very anxiously. Grant is not so cool on becoming a bald guy! At first he thought it would be exciting to get to look like Lex Luther, but as the time is passing he has decided that he would rather stay Clark Kent! So, we will hopefully pass this next hurdle quickly and with as little drama as possible. We are a little more than "done" with drama at this point.

In closing, I also need to thank my mom for being Mother Theresa! Not everyone is so blessed to be raised by a Saint. And Pa - you're a good man, Charlie Brown. Its hard being married to Mother Theresa and also financing all of her works of goodness and charity!

And poor Joella, like she didn't already have enough going on in her life! Now she has to be both of us! I was having a hard enough time just being me, but now she is being asked to be herself and me too! Yikes! Juju - you are my best friend as well as my sister. Thank you for taking such good care of me!

OK - that's enough mushy, gushy for now. Someone is tired of crying, and that person is me!

Everyone have a great week! Its beautiful outside and we live at the beach! Who could ask for more!

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Susan Hancock said...

Oh, sweet Boo. (In our family, Emily is called "Boo"- its a little known fact- but I think that her Pa has called her Boo much more than he has called her Emily!)

You are too kind- just imagine how much you are willing to do to help Grant get better. Well, one nice thing about aging (yep- I'm getting older) is the ability to increase your circle of caring- I don't think I'm saying this very eloquently- but you kinda learn how to spread the help to those who need it the most- at any given moment. So right now, it's Grant's turn for special attention. Not to say he's any more special than the other 10 "babies" that I love and cherish with all my heart- only that he needs us all more right now. At any given time, it could be any of you six, or the four spouses, or the grandchildren, or the fiancee... you see?

I am so blessed to have Pa to support me, and all of the family, in whatever we do. He's a good man!

So- we're off to see the Wizard tomorrow at Chapel Hill- it's also Leah Margarette's birthday- my baby girl is 27!! Then Brady will be 2 on Wednesday- and Aly and her little fellers will be arriving in Raleigh Wednesday evening- then Aly, Zac, Will, Leah, Jackson, and Brady are coming to my house on Thursday- how is that for a good week?

Joella Hancock Morris said...

You are too sweet, Em. You know you'd do the same for any of us!