Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thanks, update, and T-shirts

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your support so far. It means so much to us how willing you are to help. We have already had many acts of service that we really appreciate. It makes coping a lot easier when there are so many people rooting and praying for you.

There is not a lot of new news to report. The chest x-ray last night showed that the swelling is going down in his chest, so hopefully at 2:00 today they are going to be able to put in the port. Mama said that Grant seemed more tired yesterday, which is to be expected after chemo. Emily said he hasn't complained at all about where they did the spinal tap or took marrow from his hip. He's a tough boy! We'll update again tonight.

We're looking into getting T-shirts made with the very cool Super-G symbol on it (like is on the front page). Leah's husband, Rodney, made that symbol yesterday, and I think he did a super super job! So I will post more information about that later.

Thanks again!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Please tell Emily and Kevin that they are in our prayers. Mike and I know oh so well exactly how scared and nervous they are after having gone through brain surgery with our little one two years ago. Grant is so handsome! Take care. All of the Hancock girls have grown up...It seems like just yesterday we were at Aunt Drex's house playing.
Love,
Rhonda (Linda's Daughter)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Grant. Its great knowing whats going on, and just how good he's doing. He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers constantly!

Daddy and Mama visited with him today and said he looked and acted good! They visited with him for a little while and then they came for him to do (maybe a CT scan.?)

We love you all! XOXOXO!
~Macy, Billy, Chandler, Conner & Caelyn

Carrie Stroud said...

Please let Kevin, Emily, & Super Grant know how much they are in our prayers. We never wanted to see anyone else we knew have to watch their child endure this. He looks like a tough guy. We'll be praying for you guys & checking on you as we watch miracles unfold with Grant!

Carrie Stroud

Anonymous said...

Please know Grant is receiving many, many prayers and positive thoughts on the West Coast. Joella, please tell Emily and Kevin that I love them both very much they are constantly in my thoughts.
Love to you all,
Kelly Goodwin

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you, more than you know. I constantly keep Emily and Grant on my mind. I am thankful for your postings and the encouragement you have brought to us, and you must give to Grant, Emily and Kevin. I have a several superheroes that would be proud to wear Super Grant T-shirts.

We love you all.
Jimmy & Michelle

Erica Copeland said...

I can't wait to get my T-Shirt! I know there will be lots of support with this great idea! Please know there are lots of prayers going up for all of you. I have passed this site along to everyone on my email list so we can have a HUGE prayer chain. I check this site as often as I can to get all the latest updates. It somehow makes me feel connected to you. I think of and pray for you so often throughout the day. I can only imagine all the emotions that come with such a diagnosis. Just remember, God is so good to us and He loves us so much. I have faith that He will take care of Grant and completely heal him.

My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to all of you.

In His Love,
Erica Copeland