Monday, June 2, 2008

Hello June!


Wow - May was one crazy month! We have had so much going on and so little time to update! I apologize unreservedly!

We have just finished a long weekend..... Kevin's Nana Evelyn passed away last Thursday following a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease. She has lived with Kevin's mom Bonnie for the last 5 years, so we have been blessed to have Nana involved in our day to day lives for most of our children's lives. They will miss her smile and her wit! She played with them like she was a kid most of the time! Evelyn was laid to rest today. We rejoice in the life she lived and in the love that she has left behind. She was a wonderful matriarch of the Chadwick clan.....

Last night following the viewing for Nana we came home and started getting ready for bed with no clue that horrible weather was on the way. We have been so busy this weekend that we haven't even watched Disney..... much less the Weather Channel. Anyway - so the lightning starts... lots of lightning.... scary lightning.... Out go the lights! In a zippy and unexpected turn of events, a transformer was struck by lighting. But the transformer evidently only carries the power to the houses on the cul de sacs and not the main road, so my neighbors have power right beside me, but not us! Then the rain and wind begin. I am thinking - is this a hurricane, or what? I know I haven't been that out of it! So, then the real fun begins.... HAIL! Lots of hail.... big nuggets of hail like I've never seen before! No power.... rain coming in the house sideways all around our side door, pounding hail hitting my sliding glass door, did I also say no power, and 3 very uneasy children! It was a fun night, to say the least.

The most fun part is when we woke up this morning to find our basketball goal blown over, holes in my siding from hail!, my freshly painted deck sandblasted by hail, my garden destroyed and all of my flowers and hostas beat to death! Not to mention the fact that the basketball goal blew into my car AND the hail beat nice little dings all over the drivers side! What a week I'm having!

In other news, my piano recital was this weekend and all of my kids did such a beautiful job! We had a wonderful recital and were so thrilled to be able to use the History Place again as our venue. They have an awesome Yamaha baby grand that I just love to play! So, the kids were all great and I got to be a lounge singer and sing a little Sara Barellies with my sweet Yvonne accompanying me on the piano. She really is an exceptional young lady and can play the mess out of a piano! So - mark the piano recital off the list!

This week is the last week of school so we have Kindergarten Graduation on Wednesday and awards day and cookouts on Thursday, ballgames on Friday evening, and an all day tournament on Saturday! Not too bad!

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Thanks for sharing a bit from your busy life. The storm sounds CRAZY! I've never been in a storm like that, and I'm not complaining. I hope you can recover your garden, and I hope insurance will take care of the car and the siding.

Wendi said...

I was just saying the same thing: GOODBYE MAY!!!

I am sorry to hear about Kevin's Nana... Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease. I will be so happy when a cure is found!

We had rain and a little wind, but nothing like what you had...or I slept through it. Sorry to hear about all the damage. Call your "handy man" friend to come right over!

I wish we lived closer so Claire could take piano from you. (and me too!)

Good luck with Kindergarten graduation, Awards day, Cook-outs and ballgames. I am right there with you sista! Tell Grant we said Congratulations!!!

Lauren said...

Em my life seems so simple next to yours...wait it is simple next to yours! I give you credit for all you do! You are a super mom with a crazy busy life! <3