Monday, August 25, 2008

Thinking of Grant

So I wore my Super Grant t-shirt today... Don't know why I grabbed it, but I did. Then I rode around in my mini van sporting my Team Super Grant Sticker. I know why I did that. ;) Anyway, I have had Grant on my mind a lot today. It was his first day of school today! I'm sure Emily will update soon with more details on that, but I did want to come take just a moment to post...

Grant was sick today with a pretty high fever, and ended up at Carteret General Hospital seeking treatment for a mean bug that seems to be hitting the scene pretty hard, down east. He had to be on IV's for the afternoon and evening, and tomorrow morning, the doctors will determine if he needs to head up to Chapel Hill for a hospital stay. So, please keep him and his family in your prayers. Not that illness ever comes at a "good time" but this is really the epitome of a "bad time" for a monkey wrench like this to be thrown in the picture... School schedules, piano lessons, sports, a little 3-year-old rascal, etc.

Take care, Grantski! Lee loves you!!! :)

6 comments:

theweippertfamily said...

You guys are in out thoughts and prayers. We pray that everything is going well and that he won't have to go to Chapel Hill today. Grant is the toughest little fighter we know. See you guys soon!

Susan Hancock said...

Just got home from the doctor visit. Grant does not have to go to Chapel Hill today. His counts are a bit low- ANC is .6 and normal is somewhere around 3. It is a mandatory stay if it is at .3 or lower... also if he spikes another fever then Dr. Blatt said to come on to UNC.

Anyway, he had two shots today, and the feeling is that it is viral and not bacterial. That is good. The blood cultures are growing from the hospital visit yesterday, and it takes 24 hours to find out if there is a bacterial infection. We have our fingers crossed that the cultures will be ok.

Emily is going to try to teach piano today. I have Grant and Jacob here with me, Grant is resting but no fever right now. His hospital bag is packed in my car, hopefully we will not have to use it.

Pa and Mike (with Zac) are headed to Rolesville to Leah's house to take a piece of furniture back to the Steelman home. I think that we can say, ALL IS WELL for now.

Kristi McKinney said...

Grant and the whole Nelson family are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know what it's like to live with packed backs. Take care and know that I'm here for you.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mycool

Lauren said...

I am definitely thinking of Super Grant and especially Super Emily and Super Kevin!!

Robbins said...

God Bless All! Susan, you are amazing! What would we do without wonderful mothers to help us out? Wish mine was closer!!!! Us Hancock Girls sure are lucky to have had/have great examples of mothers.
Brooklyn has had a very high fever for the past 2 days. It scares me to death because I think of all the things it could be.
Know that I am thinking of you all.

Wendi said...

No need to ask.
We think of Super Grant all the time.
He is always in our thoughts and prayers.
I hope that he is much better now and that the packed bags were never needed.