Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Are we there yet?

This is the first week this summer that we haven't had ball practice, or dance camp, or set plans for everyday.... There's still plenty to do, but just no plans......

The kids are going nuts! Will school ever start? I can't take much more of this.

To illustrate my point, a little story.

Yesterday was Monday. Not much going on. But my house needed some serious TLC and we were having company for dinner, so I was planning on getting a lot done and being super "cleaning" mom. Well, the kids had a different idea and it didn't take too long for them to get their way. They wanted to go to the pool, so after an hour or so of whining, I finally gave in.

We got all dressed for the pool. Loaded up the floats and sunscreen and ear plugs for Grant, Mr. Ear Infection, and headed to the island. We stopped at Seaside for snacks and arrived at Aunt Wrae's pool around 11:00 am. Perfect pool time.... Nice weather, not too hot, nice shade for mommy under the big umbrella, nice book to read......... NOT NICE KIDS!

They made it 10 minutes before they decided they were bored and wanted to leave. BORED!??? In a huge pool with a slide and every type of pool toy imaginable! BORED! Yes, they were bored, and once you get past the boredom, the badness starts!

Not a good combination.

I lost my mind.

I'm hoping to get it back before I have to start teaching again next week.

7 comments:

theweippertfamily said...

Thanks so much for having us over last night. We really really enjoyed it and are looking foward to next Mon. Please, let me know if we can bring anything this time..Dessert? or something...

Anonymous said...

when you go to get your mind back see if mine is there so I can pick it up!

LeeAnn

leah said...

i don't mean to be the big shot...

but jackson starts (back) on monday! LOL!

i'd do something to get mine to aunt rae's pool in 10 minutes.

Lauren said...

Skully whined like a new born puppy that just lost his mama for 3hours while Joel was at his softball game last night in Kinston. There's another game tonight. Why can't dogs talk?

Wendi said...

I feel so much better.
I am not alone.
Whew!
Hang in there girl!!!

Joel said...

"When I was their age..."

...I was only out of the pool long enough for uncle Ronald to throw me back in.

Mikal said...

Kids have so much now days. It seems it is harder to keep them happy and entertained. I am sure it just feels like you have lost your mind. You are not alone!

Two more weeks until school starts! It will be here before we know it. Time just passes so quickly...a couple of yesterdays I was a whiny kid!