Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Funny Eden!

So, last week Eden and I were on the way home from dance class, and she wanted to stop at Subway for dinner. Well, it was Tuesday - 2 for Tuesday - to be exact, and the line was too long!! So, I bargained with Eden that I had to go to the grocery store and told her that she could get whatever she wanted for supper!

This is when the fun starts!

The conversation goes like this....

So Eden, what is your favorite thing to eat?

Clams....

Well honey, they don't have clams at the grocery store. What else?

Oysters.....

Well, the only oysters at the grocery store are in a can, and that's not really what you're thinking about! What else?

Shrimp!

OK, Eden. The shrimp at the grocery store are not that great and Mr. Eddie's shop has already closed so we can't get any fresh shrimp tonight. What do you want that I can actually buy at the grocery store!

I don't know..... Fried flounder!?

AAAGGGGHHHHH

Welcome to my life!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Can we say she's from Carteret County?

Emily said...

Such sophisticated taste!

Wendi said...

Wow... you't never know she is from the coast! Too funny!

stephanie howard said...

Love it! This sounds like my boy's, but the good thing is they don't know the difference between fresh and frozen. Joel asked for shrip last week and begged to peel it, yes he loves to peel it!

stephanie howard said...

That was shrimp not shrip, oops!

Anonymous said...

I would have asked for stewed hard crabs!!! So what did she end up with. Did you go to subway in Beaufort?

LeeAnn

Emily said...

I fried flounder!