Monday, March 24, 2008

The best Easter Bunny ever!!



Mike agreed to be the Easter Bunny for the children at the Easter Egg Hunt this past Saturday. You would have really loved him doing the bunny hop with 70 little kids! They loved him.

Grant was feeling pretty good considering it was day 5 of his monthly steroids. He had a couple of "breakdown" moments, but all in all, it was a fine day. (Should I say he ate 5 hot dogs without even breathing?)

We hope all of our friends had a beautiful Easter. Our family is so grateful for all of the blessings of this past year. There are several friends who lost there loved one this past year, and Easter took on a whole new dimension for them. We think of them often, and pray that they know that our dear Savior died for us all, that we may be able to once again know and love those who have gone on before us.

Thank you all for checking on Grant. He continues to do well- he has adjusted well to his daily chemo at home, and the Nelson clan is just fine! Love to you all.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That was one funny bunny! I felt like I stepped into the filming of "Steel Magnolias"! Thank you Mikie! You're the best!

Wendi said...

Emily, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that photo..."Steel Magnolias". Too funny!

This is almost as good as the barking "dog" in my living room! Only better...you have a photo. I do hope Mike wore that cute vest to church on Easter morn...very sassy!

Emily said...

I also need to add that, not only did Mike take pictures with all of the kids present at the hunt, he also took photos with all of the mamas! We just couldn't resist. The best is the one with Sister! I will post...

stephanie howard said...

Love it, what an awesome brother/uncle! The memories you are creating are great! It reminds me of a time when my aunt dressed up as a clown for my little brothers b-day. There is 15 years between myself and my baby brother So I would have been 17 or 18. My aunt was "Corny the Clown" She came in riding a bike and honking one of those squeky horns. It was hillarious! I am sure you will all remember this Easter for many years to come. I am glad Grant is doing well. Keep in touch