Saturday, March 15, 2008

Art Show

I have been meaning to download photos, but my life is just too crazy these days, so I will update minus pictures..... Please forgive me!

We were very excited to learn that Grant would have art work in the Carteret County Schools Student Art Exhibition during February! Grant had a drawing of a monster truck displayed. It looked remarkably like the one his Uncle James used to have when we were in high school! So, we had a great time one Friday evening visiting the show and taking pictures of Grant with his art! Although having Jacob at an art gallery was a little more than nerve racking, we managed to survive and then even had a nice family dinner at Pizza Hut.

Grant seems to be nearly back to his old self these days. Dr. Blatt had told us that over time he would acclimate to his daily chemo and he has. Even his normal Thursday nausea after his Methotrexate on Wednesday nights has subsided. He is doing great at school and even visited the dentist in Greenville last week. Thankfully he only had one cavity, his first one ever. I cannot say the same thing for his sister, who has terribly soft and chalky teeth and usually has 7 or 8 cavities at each visit. She outdid herself this time with 6 new cavities and nerve damage under 2 of her previous capped teeth! I may just have a nervous breakdown!

Aside from our visits to the dentist, we have had a pretty normal life recently. Ball has begun again. Kevin is coaching Grant's t-ball team this year since Uncle Shawn has moved up to baseball with Noah. Our team this year includes Zac, Riley, Grant, our neighbor Matthew, our friend Seth and lots of kids of our friends from high school. We are excited about this season, and are looking forward to Grant being able to play again. Last year he only made it to 1 or 2 games. He was diagnosed between Opening Ceremonies and the season actually starting, so we made it to as many games as possible when chemo and counts would allow.

Eden is still playing 8 & Under fast pitch softball. It is her 3rd year with basically the same team, so we are looking forward to a league championship year! Edie is a good little ball player, and seems like an old pro already. We have to figure out how to do dance and ball at the same time, always a challenge, but that's ok! She loves them both, so we will just do what we have to do....... Yet another reason for a nervous breakdown.

Pa and Joel and Mike returned from their week long Spring Training Extravaganza yesterday. They spent the week in Florida watching the Red Sox training camp and seeing a bunch of other games. We have a good Pa! Maybe soon he'll take his girls for a Broadway week!;)

Charlie is spending the afternoon with me while Joella shops with our girls for matching Easter dresses. I got the better end of this deal, believe me! I think we'll go for a walk down to the water and enjoy this beautiful day.......

8 comments:

Susan Hancock said...

I believe that grandma would have enjoyed the shopping with the three little girls...especially if we went to Belks and had Miss Erma help me find just the right matching dresses!

Love to all, and to all a good night.

Emily said...

They decided on black with white polka dots! Faye would be proud!

Susan Hancock said...

That she would!!

Unknown said...

So Emily I love the new playlist that you added to the blog. But honest, was the James Taylor song necessary? Seriously, I'm sitting here reading a blog and then all of the sudden without even noticing, I'm crying like a school girl! Oh, and I'm doing this right after my daily "manly" ritual of going to the gym!

Love you

Joella Hancock Morris said...

I love the JT song! (And every other one, too!)

Emily said...

You can thank Aly for the playlist. She is my computer guru!

Anonymous said...

Love to hear how well the kids are doing! Maybe one of these days I'll have a girl to match an Easter dress too:)

Wendi said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. We are so proud of Grant and his art exhibit. We are so happy about the lack of nausea. (Always a good thing!)

Sorry to hear you will be putting Dr. Lewis' children through college with all your dental visits- yikes!

When you figure out how to juggle all three kids activities so they don't overlap or interfere with one another...let me know. I still can not do it!

I will change my last name (permanently if needed) to be able to go on the Broadway week. I am dying to see "Wicked". What do you say Pa? Do you have some purdy words for me? LOL!