Monday, September 22, 2008

Bon Voyage!

The Nelson crew left earlier today on their fabulous "Make A Wish" trip to Disney World! We had quite the little going away party, with Marmie (Kevin's Mom), Aunt Rachel and Isabelle, Ashley L., Papa Joel, Aunt Leah, Aunt Joella and Zoey and Charlie.

I tried to find out what everyone was looking forward to the most. Eden and Grant both hope to ride a loopty-loop roller coaster. I think Kevin is hoping for some company on the loopty-loop roller coasters, but is not too confident that they'll actually do it. Jacob is excited to have breakfast with Donald Duck one morning. And I think Emily is just hoping they all survive in one piece.


The trip started with a limo ride to the airport. Grant was a little excited to see it pulling up!


Bags were all packed and ready to go (which was quite a feat considering that Em's sister, Aly, had a baby at 1:00 this morning, so she was at the hospital all day yesterday and didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning).


They were all excited for the fancy ride!


Almost all of them were ready to go...

Except for Emily, who realized she better clean the perishables out of the refrigerator before they left for a whole week!


They did eventually get away with smiles on everyone's faces. I know they'll have a great time!

As the old hymn says, "God be with you 'til we meet again!"

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh how exciting! I've never been to Disney World so I'm way jealous. I know everyone will have a fabulous time. Joella thanks for posting...you are quite the lil "poster" here lately..first The Dart Board now Super Grant! haha I love it!

Joella Hancock Morris said...

I've never been, either. :( Maybe one day! All the kids have made me promise that we are next.

This blogging is too much work. No wonder I have never started one for me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh - how exciting guys. It honestly is the best trip ever! Give Kids the World is great. Enjoy - you all deserve it!

Carrie Stroud

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! For the entire Nelson clan! I bet this will be one trip they won't ever forget!

Have SOOO MUCH FUN!!!

Susan Hancock said...

I just talked to Eden and Emily- they had a great flight to Florida, they have a rental car, and a loverly villa!!!

Em said that Jacob is already asleep 8:45 pm... and the day has been just perfect. Grant has had a smile on his face the whole trip.

I'm in granny sleep-deprivation right now, so I will write more tomorrow. Love you all.

RobinsonRugrats said...

That is so awesome! I am happy for you guys. I absolutely love Disney. I worked their one summer and ever since, I cannot get it out of my system. Enjoy every minute with your family in the "happiest place in the world" (besides the temple of course)!!!

Wendi said...

Have a great time Nelson family!

Dreams really do come true!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you guys got to do this. What a great organization! I hope you enjoy your trip, Grant! We all want a play-by-play when you get back!

Kristi McKinney said...

EXCITING!!! You guys are going to have a ball. Can wait to read all about it.

stephanie howard said...

Look at those beautiful kids! What fun, we hope you enjoy it!