Saturday, October 2, 2010

Absolute Remission!

So.....

I has been forever since I blogged. Facebook is just so much easier! Emily is... and only a sentence. This blogging stuff makes me think too much. However, this news requires a formal press release.

The final high resolution tests have been done. The port has been removed. Oral meds have ceased. We are in absolute remission! Done!

I can't say that life feels a lot different. We have a check-up this Friday, so the trips to Chapel Hill haven't stopped.

But, I will tell you this. Last Friday (not yesterday, but the one before).... that was the first day that I felt almost normal since April of 2007. All three of the sweet children were at school. I washed dishes. I folded clothes. I made a sandwich for lunch. I read a little.... Nothing extraordinary happened. In fact, nothing happened! A day with nothing..... It was nice! And I felt normal..... as normal as a Southern, stay at home mother of 3, Mormon Bishop's wife, Democrat, musician can feel! :)

So not really "normal".......but OK! I'll take it!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was soon exciting and I have felt so much happiness for you and your family while reading this. I have never read anything as beautifully said as this. Grant you are a special young man with very special parents and a wonderful family that love you dearly. I will always look at you with a special love for the strength you have given me. Your mother will always hold a special place in my heart for the love she has given to me and others in times of need. Your dad is a wonderful man and a great Bishop. I wish you well on your journey that heavenly father will always smile upon you. Lots of love! Sis. Carebie

Aly said...

Blogger needs a like button! I love Grant and I'm so happy for him, but I'm especially happy for his stay-at-home mother of three, bishop's wife, Democrat, musician mother. She is my hero!

leah said...

So I'm listening to one of my Pandora Playlists... It's one of calming tunes, like "Claire de Lune," and on to the Josh Graban genre... Well, right now, as I have read this post, the song is on a Celtic Woman album, a song by the name of "The Blessing." If you get a chance, give it a listen. I know that the blessings that have been given to you are from above, including that of enduring the toughest days... I love you, sis. May His blessings be with you and your whole clan - always...

Jennifer Licko said...

I just gave a friend Grant's blog spot address because her son was diagnosed with Leukemia last week. I know she will find inspiration when she reads absolute remission!!! It is so wonderful to read this news!
Love, jen